Monday, March 10, 2014

Heart of Dakota: Resurrection to Reformation Unit 1

I was bit anxious about the transition into a new guide this week, but I have to say it went really well.  Max was eager to dig into these new books.  The notebooking pages are so beautiful, and Max was thrilled because he had more room for his narrations.  His favorite subject this week was Shakespeare!  He was disappointed that he couldn't read ahead.





I love Apologia, but I have never been able to make it work for us.  Before we found HOD, I had the kids combined in Simply Charlotte Mason.  By the time we got to science, everyone was tired and losing focus, and most days science just didn't get done. I'm just not good at lesson planning and pulling from different sources, which is one of the reasons our family LOVES Heart of Dakota.  All the work has already been done for me, and we get everything done in a reasonable amount of time!

Max was glad to see me pull out Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy. He made a flat model of the planets to see how they compare to each other in size for his science project.









We had the River Classic Tournament Bible Quiz at our church this weekend.  Max quizzed 12 rounds on Friday and 7 on Saturday.  He qualified for the one-on-one quiz off, so he had 2 more rounds Saturday afternoon.  He placed 5th for individual high score.  I am so proud of him!



It was an incredibly long weekend, but such a blessing to spend time in God's word with a wonderful group of people!  

No comments: