Saturday, April 19, 2014

Res to Ref: Units 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7

Just a quick update for the month.  We have been so busy!!

Max is starting to find his rhythm in Res to Ref.  I can tell he's enjoying the history.  His oral narrations are just fantastic!  No more run-on sentences, and so's, or and then's!!  It warms my mommy-heart to see him so fascinated with everything he's learning.  He thought A Midsummer's Night Dream was, and I quote, "hilarious."  He just finished Black Horses for the King, and begged to read more every day.  I have a hard time keeping both kids out of their books before they're scheduled.

I didn't take a lot of pictures this month because I've been deep-cleaning and reorganizing -- and I couldn't remember where I put my camera!

Unit 3

History Project - Unit 3

Making game pieces Unit 4

Making game pieces Unit 4


Mary is almost finished with Bigger Hearts, just eleven days to go.  I think she's ready for Preparing, and I am looking forward to going through that guide again, but I think we might do a few unit studies before we start.  I was packing up some of the books from Bigger and asked her if there were any she wanted to keep.  Mary carried off a stack of books to her bedroom almost higher than her head! She's already reading Alexander Hamilton and By the Great Horn Spoon again.  I think I'm going to hang on to the guide for a while.  You just never know what the Lord has in store!

Dyeing eggs

Helping Dad

umm... Hillbilly fun?

While Max was at quiz practice this morning, I took Mary to the Easter egg hunt at our church.  She had a blast!  We went to the park afterward with Max's coach, his wife, and both of their teams for a bar-b-que.  It was a perfect afternoon!  Sunny and not too hot, good food, great people, and we all had a really nice time.  We have Regionals next Saturday, and then we are done for the season.

There is a documentary coming out in June about Bible Quiz.


Have a wonderful and Blessed Easter!
He is Risen!

No comments: